Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How do I get rid of toenail fungus?

About 6 months ago, or longer, I had a pedicure. A few months later I began to develop a toenail fungus. I now realize the place was not cleaning to foot bath sink properly. How do I get rid of the fungus?How do I get rid of toenail fungus?
Listerine therapy for toenail fungus. Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine mouthwash. The powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.How do I get rid of toenail fungus?
cal a foot doctor or podiatrist
checkout ebay they have some good creams
Your best bet is to get an appointment with your doctor. They can give you a medication, usually Lamisil. If you will be on this for a period of time they will also run some liver testing (labwork) to be sure that it does not cause any liver damage.
Rub Vicks Vapo Rub on toes and cuticles for ONE year!


Sunlite in the summer


Various antifungal solution in FootCare section of Pharmacy will also take a year


The tablets that a doctor will give you are expensive and have lots of side effects.
There's an Rx cream called clotrimazole (maybe others too) that can help with the fungus. There are OTC cream(s) too; ask the pharmacist/MD for OTC stuff. Worst case scenario, you can take Lamisil tablets (Rx), but it requires a preliminary liver or a kidney test (not sure which one).
LAMISIL! works wonders!
Add a capfull of clorox to a gallon of water in a basin large enough to soak your feet in. Soak for 15minutes minium every day.Rinse the container you use with fresh clorox solutionand let it air dry after every use.Never use a towel to dry your feet more than once.before washing it.
Medicine prescribed by the doctor.
While professional advice is always best, it may not always be affordable or practical. An alternative to this for your condition is to soak your foot/feet in mouthwash. I'm not kidding. The added benefit is, is if soon thereafter you were to accidently stick your foor in your mouth...well..you get it. This is a good time to mention, I am not a doctor, nor do have any medical knowledge, and finally, this is not my attempt to practice medicine. Good luck though!
tried for years using everything from wearing straight sandals to OTC products. I don't take many internal medicines so I can't speak for that side of the market. What helps and I stress Helps is Teniacide. It is what my doc recommended. Its OTC and a little expensive but you might try it.
chop off your toes :D

No comments:

Post a Comment