Thursday, February 11, 2010

I had my big toenail permanently removed because of nail fungus.Can a fake toenail be applied to the skin?

I had it permanently removed because I had it removed once before and it grew back the same way. I did not want to take the chance of it growing back infected again, so I had it removed permanently. I want to put a fake toenail on top of the skin because I hate the way it looks. I want to wear sandals and not be embarrassed by it.I had my big toenail permanently removed because of nail fungus.Can a fake toenail be applied to the skin?
not a good idea, the glue required to adhere the nail to the skin would cause serious skin breakdown after a very short time. If you are so self conscious about your toes, everyone else will be too, if you don't pay attention to it, neither will anyone else. Seriously, do you go around looking at other people's feet? Others don't go around checking out feet either, unless you draw attention to it, no one will likely notice it at all.I had my big toenail permanently removed because of nail fungus.Can a fake toenail be applied to the skin?
Interesting question as I have the same problem. And I too have tried to think of ways to alter the appearance of missing toenails (s) for me.


all in all the answer is no. i remember quite well the doc. asking one last time, ';are you sure you wanna go ahead and remove it permanently?';.


I said yes..cuz I couldn't stand the pain of it anymore.


well, here I am today, like you.


No people don't go around looking at our toes, but believe me, I have had many pp notice!!


unfortunately, we are just screwed on this. I have actually put a thin coat of polish on the skin before,.


But I find if I don't paint my toes, there is less attention brought to them


so sorry..i know what u are going thru

No comments:

Post a Comment