Friday, February 5, 2010

Can you get a pedicure if you have toenail fungus?

I think my big toe has a little toenail fungus but I really want my feet to look good for sandal season,what should I do that will work fast?Can you get a pedicure if you have toenail fungus?
Not only can you, but you SHOULD. Most reputable salons will, for free, apply fungal treatment under the nail polish. Many will encourage you to keep returning so that they can keep treating it. Mine for example cured a mild fungus I never knew I had. I thought that particular nail was just thicker than the others. The salon will be good for the nail providing that the nail is not trashed, not black, jagged or otherwise beyond the pale. For nails like that, you should see your doc or your podiatrist and have it treated professionally first.Can you get a pedicure if you have toenail fungus?
Yup-but if they speak Korean, Chinese or Vietnamese, they will talk BAD about you while theyre doing your toes in their language...lol...No, I'm serious!
This sounds like a very common problem with many people. Get a tube of Lamisil to treat nail fungal infection - it really works.
yea but the ppl would b grossed out!!!
I think that would be a little embarrasing to go there with the fungus on your toe, but I think they just scrape that stuff away...
put some tea tree oil on it everyday,if that don't work get something stronger
Go to your local nail salon and ask if they have a product called Varisi. It should be in a small, eyedrop-looking bottle. This product is not cheap (I paid $15 bucks for it), but it lasts a long time and is meant to promote healing/healthy nail growth and works very well. It's not a fast-fix, but if you really want your nail to grow back healthy, you'll hafta take the time to let it do so. Depending on how close to the cuticle that your fungus is, it could take a few months to heal in full.





Make sure that you are using a hydrogen peroxide solution on it once a day to keep the area clean. It's difficult for this area to heal on its own because of the high level of germs that infest there. Twice a day (once after using the hydrogen perodixe solution and at one other time in the day), place one drop of Varisi on your cuticle and another under the nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment