Friday, February 5, 2010

I have toenail fungus and my toenails are really thick and when i go running it hurts?

where the nail is is there some kind of medicine to relieve the pain?I have toenail fungus and my toenails are really thick and when i go running it hurts?
I think the safest bet is go to a doctor. There are several medications for toenail fungus that you can get without prescription in any pharmacy. When I had fungus on one of my nails. it didn't go away no matter what I put on it. They prescribed me an oral medication and I took it for a month, then healthy nail started growing and the sick part lowly grew down. It took 4 months to get completely rid of it. It sucks, I know. As for the pain, I don't know what to say.Can you cut it short so the shoe is not pressing on it? Try putting on it a piece of a cotton ball, so the shoe doesn't directly touch it. Oh, and when you are done with your meds get rid of all your socks and shoes so it doesn't come back....I have toenail fungus and my toenails are really thick and when i go running it hurts?
your gonna love this, you may actually have an Ingrown toenail


which happens when you chew your toenails off, J/K ok seriously though the nail will continue to grow Under your skin into the front of your toe, which causes the pain when you run,


both my mother and my brother had it, and both times surgery was required to remove it. the Nail itself looks normal enough, but at some point when you cut them, it split up half of the nail going under the skin the other half growing normally as far as foot fungus goes, trim your toenails as low aas you can,scrub with soap, and throw away all of your old shoes and socks, some fungus when it finally finds a home in yyour shoe, nothing can make it leave.
you can get an anti-fungal medicine that you paint on the toenail like nail polish. this can be purchased at rite-aid or walmart. It is under ten dollars and it works. I went to my podiatrist to see what they could do and they told me to get this stuff. The fungus will disapear and the nail will thin out. If it is really bad go to the podiatrist....or maybe get a pedicure.
Try Vicks Vapor Rub. Put it on thickly and then wear socks to bed. Another thing to try is Aloe gel. Good luck. If it doesn't improve, see your doctor.
You may have Athlete's Foot. I would go to the doctor to have them look at it and treat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment