Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can I get toenail fungus if I use the same shower that someone with fungus has?

They only have it on one toe, and I have to use the same shower, so can I get it from the shower? And while I'm in the shower I'm standing on my heels the whole time cause I'm scared of toe contact with the shower floor... so yeah..Can I get toenail fungus if I use the same shower that someone with fungus has?
This fungus is actually know as tinea. Most people only know that as between toes but under the nails is the same thing.


It is highly infectious and is often caught in the changing rooms and shower rooms at public swimming pools.


It is caught anywhere on the foot so heel standing does not stop the contact. Once under the nails it needs a powerful medication specially formulated to treat it through the blood stream and the treatment takes a very very long time to work.


Any usual disinfectant could be kept in the shower room and just used to wash the base after use by an infected user.Can I get toenail fungus if I use the same shower that someone with fungus has?
I would wear flip flops or shower shoes so you don't have to stand on your heels (sounds painful,lol). But yes you can catch it that way, i caught it from my husband because we only have one bathroom in our house. I had to take lamisil forever to get rid of it.
Yeah you can catch their infection through the shower. When you shower you should wear flip flops or something to guard your feet from the shower floor

No comments:

Post a Comment